Digital Content Creator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Content Creator plays an important role in identifying and unpacking the barriers and experiences that kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds navigate as part of their post-settlement journey.
This may be done through a variety of formats including social media posts, video interviews, or blog articles.
This is an new position that supports the marketing and fundraising team. It is suitable for someone with a minimum of three years experience in a similar role.
Employment conditions: 0.6FTE, 12 month contract, with potential to extend
Location: 21A Sun Crescent, Sunshine VIC 3020
Reports into: Marketing Manager
Works with: Digital Marketing Coordinator, Programs Coordinator, Videographer
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation
Other entitlements: Access to salary packaging, bonus paid Christmas leave of approximately 2 weeks, and a flexible and supportive workplace
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop and publish engaging social media content across Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn that aligns with RMCC’s brand and voice, and helps grow the RMCC brand.
- Identify and understand the unique experiences and barriers faced by RMCC kids, and unpack them in a way that engages and educates RMCC’s supporter base.
- Maintain a weekly and daily content calendar for RMCC’s social media platforms and proactively identify opportunities and relevant trends to leverage in RMCC content.
- Carry out research to identify key issues and stories facing RMCC kids, to support content creation.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Coordinator to test and track the performance and success of social content, applying analytics to inform future content decisions.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Coordinator to grow and refine the RMCC supporter base.
- Work alongside our Videographer and Photographer to capture and create on-brand and engaging content, including participating in RMCC’s programs.
- Moderate and engage with our online community across all channels, ensure discussions reflect RMCC brand values, and monitor user-generated content.
- Keep current with emerging digital trends and activity of competitors.
- Assist with managing budget and monitor ROI.
- Other tasks when they arise.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about and connected to RMCC’s mission;
- Professional, confident and able to see opportunities when others see challenges;
- A motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude;
- Positive and inclusive;
- Comfortable in front of groups and in one-on-one meetings;
- Proud of your extraordinary organisational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Able to have fun while getting the job done.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of professional experience in social media management and digital content creation.
- Ability to identify and understand the unique experiences and barriers faced by RMCC kids, and unpack them in a way that engages and educates RMCC’s supporter base.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding around the refugee space.
- A natural wordsmith and storyteller, with proven skills in copywriting for social media and digital platforms on an existing communications strategy.
- A user of strength-based language.
- Knowledge of the latest online engagement techniques and other rapidly developing media.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, under time constraints and deadlines, as well as independently with minimum of supervision.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Current Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain one;
- Current National Police Check or willingness to obtain one;
- Some out of hours work may occasionally be required.
- Lived experience as a child from a refugee or migrant background will be highly regarded.
Apply for this role
Apply for this role
Please upload your CV and a cover letter below:
At RMCC we are a proud equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.