It’s easy to raise money and support kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Set up your fundraising page. It only takes a minute! Choose what to do. Click ‘start your campaign’. Fill in your details. Upload a photo. Done!
STUCK FOR IDEAS?
There are lots of fun ways to fundraise. Try these – or make up your own!
- Create a physical challenge to do on your own, with your friends, or join an existing event. Whether you walk, run, cycle, skate, climb, swim or dance, you’ll be getting fit and helping RMCC kids at the same time.
- Fuel some friendly rivalry at your school or workplace; all for a good cause! Maybe teachers race against students in a relay race, or the Sales department challenges the Finance department to a tug-of-war? Ask for gold coin donations to play.
- Choose a daily challenge to do for a month. 50 burpees / 2km run / 100 sit ups…or let your donors choose your daily challenge!
GIVE UP YOUR GIFTS
- Ask for donations instead of gifts for your birthday, wedding, bar mitzvah, or special event. You’ll reduce clutter and landfill, and making present-buying much easier for your friends and family. Win win!
HOST AN EVENT
- Everyone loves trivia! Host a trivia night and ask your friends to donate to your fundraising page to participate. There are lots of trivia questions online to create your quiz. For extra fun, add a theme and give out prizes to the winning team and the best costume.
- Throw a party! Get the tunes pumping and the BBQ cooking, and ask people for a donation to join in the festivities.
- Run a clothes swap event. Ask family and friends to contribute clothes they no longer wear, and charge people an entry fee to come along and grab a bargain.
- Gather your musical mates and put on a backyard concert for friends and family. Charge a door price for entry.
- Do you have a special talent? Yoga? Cooking? DIY? Dancing? Host a class and ask others for a donation to learn from you.
FUNDRAISE WITH FOOD
- Host a dinner party and ask friends for a donation in exchange for your delicious meal.
- Hold a bake sale. Sell your delicious baked treats to classmates, friends or work colleagues. Team up with friends so they can contribute their baked treats to the sale too.
- Create a lunch smorgasbord. Ask people interested in contributing to bring a plate or pot of food to share. Charge a set price to enjoy the delicious lunch options available. It’s even better if you can sit around a table and enjoy it together.
- Offer to bake biscuits and slices for your friends and deliver them to their door in exchange for a donation to your fundraising page.
DRESS UP FOR DONATIONS
Host a uniform-free day at school, or a themed ‘dress up’ day at school / work, and ask everyone to donate a gold coin to participate. To make it even more meaningful consider choosing a day of significance such as:
- Harmony Day / International Day of the Elimination of Racial Discrimination – 21st March
- Refugee Day – 20th June
- International Day of Friendship – 30th July
- World Children’s Day – 20th November
- Human Rights Day – 10th December
- Let your friends dare you to do something, in exchange for their donations.
- Accept donations to tackle your fears! Skydive, hold a spider, or climb something really high…it doesn’t matter what you choose, as long as your friends know you’re pushing yourself out of your comfort zone to raise money and help others.
- If you’re a man, raffle off your own face! Let a loved one tell you how to shave your facial hair, in return for donations.