I will hand-write my note and mail it
Simply write your note and mail it to:
RMCC Notes of Encouragement
21A Sun Crescent
RMCC will put your note into the backpack filled with learning materials that we give to kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds as they start school.
It will be a lovely surprise when they discover your note and read your kind words of encouragement.
- Keep your note simple and within one page. Often simple messages mean the most.
- Remember that refugees come from a variety of backgrounds and aren’t refugees forever. Don’t assume anything about their faith or culture. Keep it light and focus on encouragement and support.
- Avoid writing ‘welcome to Australia’ because some kids might have been in Australia for a while already.
- Presume they speak English; most of the kids RMCC supports are bilingual or trilingual!
- Create as many notes as you like, and encourage others to get involved. We have hundreds of kids we want to reach.
- Have fun! Feel free to decorate your note or add pictures to it. The brighter, the better!
You can help even more!
Yes, I’d like to receive the quarterly newsletter to hear how my support helped RMCC kids.